Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Worries Grasp

We all know we aren't suppose to worry. The Bible is full of scripture telling us so. No one by worrying can "add a single hour to his span of life" it tells us in Matthew 6:27. Also, Luke 12:29 says "and do not seek what you are to eat and what you are to drink, nor be worried". Worry is not a good thing.

Worry is a useless drain of energy, energy that could be put to better use. I know I for one could put that energy toward praying about my worry instead of wrapping up in it's tight little grasp and suffocating in it. Why, oh why do I insist on suffering that way?

The best way to deal with worry is to pray it out to the Lord. I have found these verses in Philippians are excellent to pray back to the Lord when worry is knocking at the door of my heart, "be anxious for nothing, but in all things by prayer and supplication let your requests be made known to God. And the peace that passes all understanding, will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

I want that peace. I don't want worry.

I often borrow trouble anyway and commit to worrying myself to death in that suffocating grasp worry tends to have. Thing is, I can't change anything. I do, however, know someone who can! He will too if I will put my energy toward sharing my worry with Him so He can. I fail often and let the worry get the best of me. However, God is faithful! 1 Peter 5:7 tells us to "cast all your anxieties on him because he cares for you."

He cares. He can handle your worry. Quit letting it have a handle on you and hand it over to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment